eLearning Training & Support During COVID-19
We offer live webinars on various educational technology tools, such as
- Getting Started with eLearning: This session covers system navigation and an overview of available tools.
- Course Builder Training: This session provides an in-depth overview of course building tasks in eLearning. Participants will learn how to put together a course from scratch.
- Lecturing with Microsoft Teams: This session shows how to deliver synchronous lectures, or record asynchronous lectures in an ADA compliant format using Microsoft Teams and MS Stream.
- Lecturing with Blackboard Collaborate: This session shows how to conduct a synchronous session in eLearning using the Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing tool.
- Online Tests: This session shows how to create and administer tests in eLearning.
- eLearning Assignments & Rubrics: This session shows how to create and grade assignments (papers/ projects that students turn in) inside eLearning.
- Grade Center: This session provides a detailed look at the grade center tool in eLearning.
- Student Engagement Tools: This session shows how to use eLearning tools to engage students in an online/ remote classroom environment.
To view the full list of topics, and to request a session on any topic, please fill out this online form.
Tutorials and handouts
Online teaching certification
The online teaching certification is a 100% online, self-paced program to help faculty, graduate teaching assistants and post-doctoral associates with online/ blended instructional responsibilities. For enquiries or to enroll, please email email@example.com.
We will continue to host virtual open labs every week to provide hands-on assistance with eLearning and other tools. No registration required. You can stop by during lab hours receive assistance from a member of the eLearning team. Please use a desktop/laptop to enable screensharing.
2pm - 4pm
Link to join open lab
Submit a ticket
If you need assistance with eLearning tools, please open a ticket with the UTD eLearning team, by emailing a detailed description of the issue along with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Design Consultation
The eLearning Teams provides online course development and instructional design service and support on the consultation model. Instructional Designers are available during the Open Labs each week for answering any distance learning course related questions (see the Open Labs information above). You may also request one-on-one instructional design consultation session. Please fill out the Instructional Design Consultation Request Form, and one of our Instructional Designers will contact you to schedule an online meeting.
Faculty Mentor Q&A Sessions
In order to support your transition to online delivery, the university has a team of faculty mentors with collective experience delivering a variety of courses online. These eLearning faculty mentors will host open Q&A sessions on select Fridays every month to assist you as you develop your online course structure throughout the semester. You are invited to join to ask questions and collaborate with other professors in these sessions or directly contact a faculty mentor.
1st Friday of each month
1pm – 2:30pm
Fri. Feb. 5, 2021 - no session
Fri. Mar. 5, 2021 - scheduled
Fri. Apr. 16, 2021 – scheduled (2:00pm– 3:30pm)
Link to join session
(Or dial +1 737-220-2208 and enter the following conference id: 611 797 985#)