Testing Center TSI Assessment
The Testing Center administers the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment to UT Dallas students. For complete TSI Assessment information, read the Student Informational Brochure (pdf).
TSI Registration Process
You must complete all steps to confirm your TSI Assessment Registration:
- Verify your TSI status and which sections you will need to take with the TSI Coordinator. Email: Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must Complete the REQUIRED online Pre-Assessment Activity prior to taking the Assessment at the Testing Center. (You will not be permitted to test without the completion of this activity. It explains important information about the TSI Assessment and offers practice links to familiarize yourself with the test content.
- Go to MARKETPLACE to pay for the TSI Assessment.
- The last step is to reserve a seat. You must RESERVE your seat at least 48 hours in advance. Go to http://registerblast.com/utdallas/exam to make your appointment
- Arrive at the Testing Center on your scheduled time and date. The Testing Center is located at 3020 Waterview Pkwy, SP2 Suite 11.175, for your scheduled TSI Assessment.
On Testing Day
You must bring a photo ID. Without proper ID you will be denied to take your exam.
For UT Dallas students enrolled in classes: you must bring your Comet ID card to be admitted into the Testing Center.
For UT Dallas students not enrolled in classes: one of the following are ACCEPTABLE forms of ID to be admitted into the Testing Center:
- State ID
- State Driver’s License or Learner’s permit
- Other Govt. issued ID (Military ID, Passport, CHL, etc.)
- School ID
You must arrive 15 minutes before my test time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your test appointment, you may not be admitted.
The email address you will have provided (preferably UT Dallas email address, ends with "utdallas.edu") will be used for official notifications regarding the exam you have registered for.
Personal items are not allowed in the testing room during test session. These include:
- Backpacks, bags, wallets, purses, all watches (including digital, analog, smart watches and Fitbits), bracelets, wrist-bands, keys, calculator covers
- Candy, chewing gum, tobacco products, E-cigarette, food or beverages of any kind, including water bottles
- Outer coats, jackets, sweaters, gloves, sunglasses, scarves, hats, head coverings (except for cultural or religious purposes)
- Electronic devices: any phones, pagers, iPads, laptops, cameras, recording/listening/scanning or photographic devices etc.)
|Exam Type||Fee||Exam Type||Fee|
Test Dates for Fall 2018 Spring 2019
|Fall 2018||Spring 2019|
|October: 22, 23, 29, 30||January: 11, 17, 18|
|November: 8, 9, 15, 16, 19||February: 4, 7, 18, 21|
|December: 18, 19||March: 11, 14, 25, 28|
|April: 8, 11, 22, 25|
The Testing Center’s operating hours vary throughout the year. View available times for the TSI Assessment when you reserve your seat online.
Testing times for each section of the TSI Assessment range from 1.5-2 hours.
College Readiness Cut Scores
- Mathematics: 350 to 390 in the multiple-choice section.
- Reading: 351 to 390 in the multiple choice section.
- Writing: a score of 5 in the essay section. You can also place in a college course if you receive a 4 on the essay and a score ranging from 340 to 390 on the multiple-choice section.
Review the Testing Center’s tips and policies before reserving your seat for the TSI Assessment.