Testing Center Student Guidelines
Due to safety concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic, the UT Dallas Testing Center is closed for the 2020 Fall semester. No exams will be scheduled or administered at the Testing Center throughout the Fall semester. Your instructor may require you to take proctored exams using an internet-based test proctoring tool called Honorlock. Please refer to your course syllabus and communicate with your instructor to determine the testing requirements for your course.
Find out more about Honorlock here.
3020 Waterview Parkway
SP2 First Floor, Suite 11.175
Richardson, TX 75080
Parking/Testing Center Entrance
There is free parking all along Stewart Drive and there are colored spaces in front of the Testing Center. Additional parking and a main entrance are also located at the back of the building. Faculty and students should park at the back of the building as there can be limited parking available at the front of the building. If you are needing a visitor’s parking pass, please give yourself plenty of time to get a pass and find a parking spot prior to your appointment. For more information, go to utdallas.edu/services/transit/park/#visitor.
Exam Appointment/Reserve Your Seat
Check your syllabus and/or your instructor will tell you what dates are available to take your exams. You MUST Reserve Your Seat online 4 days or at minimum 72 hours prior to the exam time at the Testing Center.
Registration and Rescheduling will close after the 72-hour cutoff time, instead of being able to select a time to test you will only see the error message “All Times are Full.” Please note: WE DO NOT ALLOW WALK-IN APPOINTMENTS, if you do NOT have an appointment you will need to contact your professor directly to make other testing arrangements. We understand that unforeseeable events happen in life, if you have made an appointment and your exam window allows it, please email us at email@example.com so that we may assist you in rescheduling your appointment.
So please reserve your seat early and in advance:
Step 1: Log into the Testing Center homepage
Step 2: Click on “Reserve Your Seat” at the top right corner
Step 3: Crete an account/Login to your RegisterBlast account
Step 4: Select your exam and submit
Step 5: Complete your registration/sign up for your seat
Step 6: Check your email to ensure your appointment was made successfully
Check-in is done in the Testing Center Entrance Room SP2 11.175.
We recommend arriving 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow you time to lock away all your personal belongings and take care of any personal needs. Digital lockers are available free of charge outside of the front office, once all prohibited items are locked away you may get in line with your physical Comet Card, a locker card (if using a Testing Center locker), and any exam materials permitted by your professor.
Please remember, you must check-in with the full testing time within your professor’s approved window. If you are not permitted to check-in/test due to your late arrival, you will need to either reschedule or contact your professor directly to discuss other testing options.
Your Comet Card ID is the official UT Dallas student ID. It will be the ONLY form of ID accepted by the UTD Testing Center. NO other forms of ID will be accepted. You will be DENIED access without a PHYSICAL Comet Card. If you do not have a Comet Card, you must obtain one prior to your exam.
Visit the Comet Card Office in the Student Services Addition, SSA 12.324.
You will NOT be allowed to check-in for your exam if the allotted exam duration (per the professor’s instructions) exceeds the Testing Center’s scheduled closing time.
- If the allotted exam duration is 2.5 hours and you arrive 1 hour prior to the scheduled closing time, you will be denied access and will need to either reschedule or contact your professor directly to discuss other testing options available to you.
Closing times are strictly enforced. Plan ahead and allow enough time to complete your exam. All exams should be completed 15 minutes prior to closing time, any students still testing at this time may continue to do so up to the scheduled closing time. Any exams not turned in at the scheduled closing time will be submitted and considered complete. We do NOT stay open past the scheduled closing time.
Items Not Allowed
Personal items are not allowed in the Testing Center. Digital lockers are available free of charge to secure your personal items before check-in. Please note: NO SHOES, NO SHIRT, NO SERVICE.
Items that are not allowed inside the Testing Room include, but are not limited to:
- Backpacks, bags, purses, wallets, badge holders
- Bracelets/bangles, wristbands
- Calculator covers, pencil cases or pouches
- Candy, chewing gum, lip balm, food or beverages of any kind
- Electronic devices: any phones, pagers, iPads, laptops, cameras, recording/listening/scanning/photographic devices
- Hats, beanies, head scarves, hair scrunchies (must be worn on hair, not on your wrist), hair bands (hairband width cannot be more than 3”)
- Handkerchiefs, Kleenex/tissues (Testing Center will provide if requested)
- Keys, any watches (including digital, analog, smart watches and Fitbits)
- Outerwear and outer coats, jackets, hoodies (or anything with a hood), scarves, gloves, sunglasses
- Scratch paper (Testing Center will provide)
- Tobacco products, Vapor, or E-Cigarettes
* If you are wearing an item that should not be removed for cultural or religious purposes (such as a hijab, turban, Kara, etc.) please inform the staff upon check-in.
Our Testing Center allows a large variety of calculators, but bans a few calculators and features outright, these include:
- Multiple calculators
- Only ONE calculator per student. The use of multiple calculators is only permitted with approval directly from the professor to the Testing Center in their exam request form.
- Laptops or other computers, tablets, cell phones, or smart phones
- Smartwatches or wearable technology of any kind
- Models that can access the internet, have wireless, Bluetooth, cellular, audio/video recording and playing, camera, or any other smart phone feature (e.g. touch screen)
- Power cords or other cables
- Models that use electrical outlets, make noise, or print
- Sleeves, covers, cases, jackets or any other attachment
- Models with dedicated letters or keyboards, pen-input, or stylus
- Calculators with X, Y, and Z keys for quick variables are fine.
- All TI-Nspire calculators
- These are only permitted with approval directly from the professor to the Testing Center in their exam request form.
- Multiple calculators
Other Tips and Guidelines
- Respect others by remaining quiet during your exam.
- If you have questions or concerns about the test environment or need assistance, please quietly notify the proctor.
- You may not converse in the Testing Center with other students. You may engage in brief conversation only with the proctors or a staff member.
- Digital clocks are clearly visible in the Testing Center. Students are responsible for tracking their own time while testing.
- For computer-based exams you should remain seated and the proctor will put in the password to launch the exam for you.
- When you have finished your test, follow your instructor’s directions for submitting online and/or bring all used materials to the check-out room, located in the back left of the testing room.
- All notes, cheat-sheets and formula sheets used during your exam will be collected at check-out, unless stated otherwise by the professor in the exam request form.