Testing Center Student Guidelines
The Testing Center located in the basement of McDermott Library has moved to a new location on February 5, 2018. All exams will be administered at the new location beginning February 5th, 2018.
3020 Synergy Park North, SP2, Suite 11.175
Richardson, TX 75080
Tel: 972-883-2460, 972-883-5497
Parking/Testing Center Entrance
Additional parking and a main entrance are at the back of the building. Faculty and students should park at the back of the building as there is limited parking space at the front of the building. Follow the signage and enter the Testing Center through the back of the building. If you are needing a visitor parking pass, please give yourself plenty of time to get a visitor parking pass and find a parking spot. For more information, go to utdallas.edu/services/transit/park/#visitor
Exam Appointment/Reserve Your Seat
Check your syllabus or your instructor will tell you what dates are available for you to take your exams. You must reserve your seat online before taking an exam in the Testing Center. Walk-ins are not allowed.
IMPORTANT: Cutoff time for making an appointment to take your exam is 48 hours prior to the exam date. Students MUST reserve their seat for testing at least 48 hours prior to the exam date. Walk-ins are not allowed.
Registration will close after the 48-hour cutoff time. Students will NOT be able to register or make changes to their appointment less than 48 hours of exam closing date. Students walk-in without an appointment when the center is full, will be referred back to their instructor for rescheduling for make-ups. Please note: Appointment times/seats fill up quickly. So please reserve your seat early in advance:
Step 1: Log into the Testing Center homepage
Step 2: Click on “Reserve Your Seat” at the top right corner
Step 3: Crete an account/Login to your RegisterBlast account
Step 4: Select your exam
Step 5: Complete your registration/sign up for your seat
Check-in is done in the Testing Center entrance room (SP2 11.175). Make sure you have scheduled your test appointment prior to check-in – you will not be admitted without an appointment. You are expected to arrive at least 15 minutes early to allow time for check-in. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you may not be admitted.
Your Comet Card is the official UT Dallas student ID. Effective January 1, 2018, your Comet Card will be the ONLY accepted form of ID by the UTD Testing Center. NO other forms of ID will be accepted. You will be DENIED access without the proper form of ID. If you do not have a Comet Card, you must obtain one prior to your exam. Please visit the Comet Card Office at Student Service Addition (2nd floor), Room SSA12.324, phone: 972-883-2495, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing times are strictly enforced. Please plan ahead and allow enough time to complete your exam. The Testing Center will not allow a student to begin a test within 30 minutes of closing.
Students testing when the center’s doors are locked may continue working on that test until closing time. All exams will be collected 15 minutes prior to the scheduled closing time. If you do not complete by closing time, your exam will be picked up and considered completed.
Items Not Allowed
Personal items are not allowed in the Testing Center. Digital lockers are available free of charge to secure your personal items before check-in. Items that are not allowed inside the Testing Room include, but are not limited to:
- Backpacks, bags, purses, wallets, bracelets, wrist-bands, keys, calculator covers, all watches (including digital, analog, smart watches and Fitbits)
- Candy, chewing gum, tobacco products, Vapor or E-cigarette, food or beverages of any kind, including water bottles
- Outer coats, jackets, sweaters, gloves, sunglasses, scarves, hats, head coverings (except for cultural or religious purposes)
- Electronic devices: any phones, pagers, IPads, laptops, cameras, recording/listening/scanning or photographic devices etc.)
Proctors in the testing center will monitor you during your exam. The testing environment and its computers are also electronically monitored and recorded to include real-time video and screen captures. Proctors watch from a seated position in the room, walk through the room and view a computer screen showing a video feed from the cameras inside the testing room.
All incidents of academic dishonesty and suspected violations will be documented. The proctor will report the incident to the Testing Center personnel and will write an incident report, which will be submitted to the faculty member providing the exam and the Dean of Students Office for appropriate course action.
Examples of academic dishonesty or misconduct:
- Giving or receiving unauthorized assistance of any kind.
- Using any aids (books, notes, calculators, computers, websites, etc.) not authorized by the instructor.
- Attempting to take an exam for someone else.
- Failing to follow exam regulations or instructions of the staff.
- Causing a disturbance of any kind.
- Removing or attempting to remove questions and/or responses or notes (in any format) from the Testing Center.
- Attempting to remove scratch paper from the Testing Center.
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking the exam.
- Sharing a calculator with other examinees.
- Sharing notes with other examinees.
- Talking with other examinees during an exam.
Hours of operation are subject to change with regards to holidays, community events and inclement weather. Please check the Testing Center homepage for the latest closure updates prior to making your appointment and coming to the center.
If the campus is closed due to inclement weather or an unexpected event, appointments during that time will automatically be canceled.
Other Tips and Guidelines
- If you are taking an exam outside of the allowed exam time window, it is your responsibility to get an approval from your instructor. The Testing Center must be notified prior to the exam date so that seating can be arranged.
- Respect others by remaining quiet during your exam.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- If you have questions or concerns about the test environment, please quietly notify the proctor.
- You may not converse in the Testing Center. Engage conversation only with the proctors.
- Once you have started an exam, you should remain seated until your exam is completed.
- Digital clocks are clearly visible in the Testing Center. Students are responsible for tracking their own time while testing.
- Passwords for computer-based exams are not given out at any time for any reason. You should remain seated and the proctor will put in the password to launch the exam for you.
- When you have finished your test, follow your instructor’s directions for submitting online or bring paper/pencil tests to the proctor.
- All notes, cheat-sheets and formula sheets used during your exam will be collected by the proctor before leaving the room. You cannot take them with you.