Due to safety concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic, the UT Dallas Testing Center is closed for the 2021 Summer semester. No exams will be scheduled or administered at the Testing Center throughout the Summer semester. Many testing centers have closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is likely students will be unable to secure testing with an approved off campus facility at this time. Your course may require one or more of your assessments to be proctored; your instructor may require you to take proctored exams using an internet-based test proctoring tool called Honorlock. This proctoring tool allows you to take your exams without coming to campus, from a remote location. This service is being offered at no cost to students and no scheduling is required. Please note, your instructor determines whether or not this is an appropriate option for your course exam. We strongly encourage you to refer to your course syllabus and communicate with your instructor to determine the testing requirements for your course.
This remote proctoring system does not require students to download any software and instead integrates seamlessly with Blackboard by means of a Chrome Extension that can be easily removed and added back later. Additionally, Honorlock is completely controlled by the Instructor with real-time video updates as soon as students finish testing.
If your instructor approves the delivery of exams through Honorlock for your course, you will need the following:
- A laptop or a desktop computer (cannot be a tablet, Ipad or phone). Most laptops have microphone and camera integrated. Minimum operating system: Windows 10, MacOSX 10.13+, or Chrome OS.
- A webcam & microphone
- A photo ID (government issued ID, school ID, passport)
- Google Chrome browser (download Google Chrome)
- The Honorlock Chrome Extension (download extension)
- A stable, reliable high-speed internet connection (Speed: 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload)
- A quiet and bright location to take a proctored exam
- Students can run a system requirement check by going to the Honorlock Support page. Scroll down until you see "Simple Single-Click Test".
Getting Started with Honorlock
- Honorlock Knowledge Base
- Honorlock – Student Guide
- Honorlock Student Privacy Statement
- Message to Students New to Online Education & Remote Proctoring
To better understand how your exam will be proctored, watch the video below which provides an overview on the Honorlock Proctored Testing experience, and contains examples of a successful room scan.
Proctored Exam Expectations
Failing to follow the exam rules may impact your exam grade and course grade. Proctors report suspected violation to instructors as well as to the appropriate department, and The Office of Community Standards and Conduct.
By taking a UTD Online Proctored assignment or exam, you agree to comply with the UTD Community Standards and Conduct - Aademic Integrity, which expressly prohibits Academic Dishonesty. Academic Dishonesty includes, but is not limited to the following:
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org