This is a growing respository of pedagogical resources. We will continue to add links, articles, and documents about the best practices of teaching online and hybrid courses. If you would like to recommend resources for this page, please email the link or citation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theory and Practice of Online Learning- eds. Terry Anderson & Fathi Elloumi
- Making Sense of Learning Specifications & Standards: A Decision Maker's Guide to their Adoption 2nd Edition
- Angeli, C. (2005). Transforming a Teacher Education Method Course through Technology: Effects on Preservice Teachers' Technology Competency. Computers and Education, 45(4), 383-398.
- Becker, K. (2007). Digital Game-Based Learning Once Removed: Teaching Teachers. British Journal of Educational Technology, 38(3), 478-488.
- Coffey, J. W. (2007). A Meta-Cognitive Tool for Courseware Development, Maintenance, and Reuse. Computers and Education, 48(4), 548-566.
- Jereb, E., & Smitek, B. (2006). Applying Multimedia Instruction in E-Learning. Innovations in Education & Teaching International, 43(1), 15-27.
- Keller, J. M., & Suzuki, K. (2004). Learner Motivation and E-Learning Design: A Multinationally Validated Process. Journal of Educational Media, 29(3), 229-239.
- Kim, K.-J., & Association for Educational Communications and Technology Washington DC. Motivational Influences in Self-Directed Online Learning Environments: A Qualitative Case Study (No. ED485041).
- Liaw, S.-S. (2004). Considerations for Developing Constructivist Web-Based Learning. International Journal of Instructional Media, 31(3), 309.
- McKenney, S. (2005). Technology for Curriculum and Teacher Development: Software to Help Educators Learn While Designing Teacher Guides. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 38(2), 167-190.
- Passerini, K. (2007). Performance and Behavioral Outcomes in Technology-Supported Learning: The Role of Interactive Multimedia. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, 16(2), 183-211.
- Potts, D. (2005). "Pedagogy, Purpose, and the Second Language Learner in On-Line Communities". Canadian Modern Language Review, 62(1), 137-160.
- Saito, H., & Miwa, K. (2007). Construction of a Learning Environment Supporting Learners' Reflection: A Case of Information Seeking on the Web. Computers & Education, 49(2), 214-229.
- Skylar, A. A., Higgins, K., Boone, R., & Jones, P. (2005). Distance Education: An Exploration of Alternative Methods and Types of Instructional Media in Teacher Education. Journal of Special Education Technology, 20(3), 25-33.
- Smith, C. F., Schneider, G. F., Kontos, G., Kuzat, H., Janossy, J., Thurmond, K., et al. Engaging the Learner. Annual Instructional Technology Conference (12th, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, April 1-3, 2007) (No. ED496202).
- Yoshimoto, K., Inenaga, Y., & Yamada, H. (2007). Pedagogy and Andragogy in Higher Education--A Comparison between Germany, the UK and Japan. European Journal of Education, 42(1), 75-98.