eLearning sections are automatically created for every academic class. An announcement will be sent out to all faculty when a semester's sections have been created and are available to faculty
Cross-list/Combining eLearning Sections
If you want to combine sections (i.e. all PHYS 1101 lab sections into one section) or cross-list your sections (i.e. PSY/SOC 1301.001), please complete the Cross-List/Combine Section Request Form, and you will receive an email when your section is ready.
Archived eLearning Course Policy
Sections in eLearning will remain on the server and be available to instructors for a total of four semesters. Each section will be available the semester it is offered, plus three semesters (for instance, a fall 2010 offering would be available until the end of the fall 2011 semester).
The sections will then be removed from the server and retained as archived files for an additional three semesters. These archived files will not be readily accessible by instructors, but can be restored by the eLearning office if necessary (for grade disputes, etc.). After this period, the sections will be permanently deleted (a fall 2010 course would be deleted after the fall 2012 semester).
Course Access Policy
Certain roles in eLearning are reserved for users who have that same role in Orion. These roles are:
- Teaching Assistants
If an instructor needs to use add a user to a course and this user is not associated with the course in Orion, the instructor must submit an ADD USER form, and select one of the additional roles listed below. All requests are subject to approval from the Registrar.
- VISITOR - Does not have access to the Control Panel. Grades are not recorded in the Grade Center.
- UG TEACHING INTERN - Does not have access to the Control Panel. Grades are not recorded in the Grade Center. Does have the ability to post announcements.
- COURSE BUILDER - Has the ability to upload/edit/delete content (i.e. files, assignments, syllabi, Content Collection, etc.). Also has the ability to acces the Control Panel and the ability to view/edit Tests. DOES NOT have the ability to access the Grade Center or grade student submissions.
- GRADER - Has access to the Grade Center and the ability to grade Student submissions. Also has access to the Control Panel and the ability to view/edit Tests. DOES NOT have the ability to upload/edit/delete content (i.e. files, assignments, syllabi, Content Collection, etc.).
- COURSE COORDINATOR - Has most of the functionality of the Instructor role. Name does not appear underneath the course link on the My eLearning page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.